The Global Engagement Center is charged with leading the U.S. government’s efforts to counter propaganda and disinformation from international terrorist organizations and foreign countries. For this year's Capstone project, the Global Engagement Center asked the Capstone team to assess transnational networks of Violent Ethno-Nationalist (e.g. white supremacist) groups. The Capstone team will produce a detailed report to address the following:
- What do transnational networks of Violent Ethno-Nationalist groups look like?
- Where are these groups located (which countries as well as where on the internet)?
- What ideologies, narratives, tropes, and iconographies do these groups have in common?
- What impact is this network having on US and allies national security and interests?
- What tangible steps can be taken to address the baneful effects of these networks?