Global Public Policy Network
The Global Public Policy Network (GPPN) is a partnership between Columbia University, Sciences Po Paris, the London School of Economics and Political Science, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at the National University of Singapore, the FGV-EAESP in São Paulo, the Graduate School of Public Policy (GraSPP) at the University of Tokyo, and the Hertie School of Governance in Berlin .
The mission of the GPPN, working with a broad network of international institutions, is to address the most pressing public policy challenges of the 21st century. It aims to have policy impact, be influential in public policy education and training, and to be innovative in teaching and research through a number of activities:
- Dual degree programs and student exchanges
- Faculty exchanges
- Collaborative public policy research and publications
- Executive Education and Training programs for policymakers
- Case study projects
- Conferences and events that bring together scholars, students and practitioners
SIPA participates in several dual degree and exchange programs with our international partner schools. Students are awarded both the relevant SIPA degree and a degree from our partner institution at the end of a unified two-year study program. Programs are open to both MIA and MPA students.
NOTE: New students should apply through the school where they want to BEGIN their studies. Students will pay SIPA tuition when they are studying in residence at SIPA, and the partner school tuition when they are enrolled abroad.
- London: the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) MPA
- Paris: SIPA MIA with the Paris School of International Affairs - Sciences Po
- Paris: SIPA MPA with the School of Public Affairs at Sciences Po
- Singapore: the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy (LKYSPP) at the National University of Singapore MPP (Master of Public Policy)
- Berlin: the Hertie School of Governance MPP
- São Paulo: Fundação Getulio Vargas Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo (FGV-EAESP)
- Tokyo: University of Tokyo Graduate School of Public Policy (GraSPP)
Exchange Opportunities allow students to spend a semester of their second year at one of our partner schools and transfer credits back to SIPA. SIPA students continue to pay SIPA tuition when they are abroad.
- Cairo: School of Global Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP), American University of Cairo (AUC)
- Mexico City: Centro de Investigación y Docencia Económicas (CIDE)
Application forms for all the dual degree and exchange programs for CURRENT 1st year SIPA MIA or MPA students are here.
Students interested in BEGINNING their dual degree at SIPA should apply through the regular
SIPA admissions website. Note: Students interested in either of the Sciences Po/SIPA dual degrees must apply throught Sciences Po.
Those wishing to begin at our partner school should apply through their respective websites.
These programs permit students to study public policy from two different academic, cultural, and professional perspectives within a shared program of study. GPPN dual degree and exchange students will constitute a small and exceptional set of globally-trained professionals, forging a growing network of internationally-skilled decision-makers.
- Prospective students who plan to spend their first year at a partner institution will need to apply through that school. Please contact the relevant school for further information on the program. You can refer to the school's page linked above.
- Prospective students interested in either of the Sciences Po dual degree programs must apply though Sciences Po. The contacts at Sciences Po are:
MIA: Audrey Giacomini, Academic Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
MPA: Nur Manisali, Academic Advisor, email@example.com