Office 365 for SIPA Staff
The Office 365.portal offers an integrated solution for audio and video conferencing, shared calendaring and email. It offers richly formatted web based accessibility to email and all other tools. It has integrated Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solution which allows for compliance with the University policies and federal laws. SIPA staff will be have access to SIPAMAIL,Calendar, People/Contacts in Spring 2014. Lync, SharePoint and One drive will become available in Summer 2014.
Email can be accessed on the web at http://sipamail.columbia.edu. SIPA users email address will be UNI@sipa.columbia.edu.
Configuring Email Clients and Mobile Devices
Configuration information can also be found at the Office 365 portal (see screenshot below).
Training on Office 365 Products
- Training videos are available on the web portal when you login to Office 365.
- Lynda.com - Office 365.
Security Policies at CU
- All mobile devices will require a 4-digit PIN to unlock.
- All mobile devices will lock after 5 minutes of inactivity unless the user has a shorter interval already set.
- Email Passwords match the CU password policy – 8-64 characters. It must contain at least three of the following character types: lowercase letters, uppercase letters, numerals, or special characters/symbols.
- Passwords will expire every 180 days.
For assistance, please contact, firstname.lastname@example.org or call the SIPAIT Help Desk at 212-854-0112.