|Summer 2019||Fall 2019||Spring 2020||Total|
|Medical Insurance (may be waived by domestic students)||813||1,304||2,129||4,246|
|Health Service Fee||280||584||584||1,448|
|SIPA Computer Lab Fee||250||250||250||750|
|University Facilities Fee||479||513||513||1,505|
|Student Activity Fee||60||60||60||180|
|Total Direct Costs (charged by Columbia University)||28,367||29,091||29,916||87,374|
|Total Estimated Indirect Costs||8,104||10,641||13,177||31,922|
- The figures above for Direct Costs are accurate as of June 13, 2019.
- All students' first semester of enrollment at Columbia University will be charged a $105 Document Fee (formerly known as Transcript Fee).
- International students must pay:
- medical insurance
- $100 per semester International Students Fee
- $100 I-20 fee only during their first semester of enrollment
- New students in the MPA-DP program are charged an additional $1,000 in their first term of enrollment, which contributes to the cost of the 12 week summer professional field placement, one week Getting Started Program, and 3 day MPA-DP retreat.
- Total Estimated Cost of Attendance includes both direct and indirect costs.
- Direct costs are those charged by Columbia University. The tuition and fees indicated above are for the stated year only. All tuition and fees assume full-time attendance; your costs may vary if you do not enroll full-time. Additional tuition charges for enrollment in excess of 19 credits in a semester are $2,198 per credit. For information on billing and payments, please visit the University's Student Financial Services website.
- Indirect costs are not billed by Columbia and reflect estimated living and miscellaneous expenses incurred by students for the 9-month academic year (September through May only); yours may vary.
- Figures above do not include the costs of relocating to New York, if applicable.